Hedge Fund Accountant
* Perform month end close process for the funds by reviewing external administrator’s monthly financial reports and investor reporting.
* Review capital account and investor allocation schedules.
* Calculate monthly returns for the funds and performance analytics for upper management.
* Review work performed by the Junior Accountant
* Assist with the preparation of tax returns, corporate reporting requirements and fund audits.
* Assist in loan servicing functions including tracking of inflow and outflow of loans, calculating and tracking interest accrual, interest payment, and loan repayment. Review loan notices to counterparty for payment of interest and loan repayment.
* Work closely with investment team and partners to track capital inflow/outflows and investment inflows/outflows.
* Assist in capital calls by preparing the capital call notices and preparation of the wire instructions to wire out funds for investments.
* Perform quarterly cash projections
* Assist in formulating, implementing and maintain accounting policies and internal control procedures.
* Four years Bachelor’s degree with concentration in accounting, finance, or economics. CPA a plus
* 2-4 years in accounting or finance-related position ideally with a hedge fund, private equity firm, or with a CPA firm
* Knowledge and experience with investment partnership accounting and GAAP reporting standards
* Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Excel and Word.
* Strong written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
* Solid accounting skills
* Ability to multi-task and balance priorities while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
For consideration please send your resume to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org –
You can also submit your profile by clicking here